If you are a new user , you don't need a new account to start listing or requesting properties and accommodation at My Residential Space.
While submitting your first advert, a new account gets created automatically and all you need before editing your adverts is to confirm your email address and complete your public profile.
Create your advert
From the top menu click on New Ad.
When the form displays, select one of the four options:
- Rent out
In case you are also looking to exchange when you are selling, or you are looking to sell when you are renting, you can add all these details after creating your advert.
If you are sharing or offering house or flat share, select rent or rent out.
Please note the renting out is offering properties and accommodation for rent. As for renting, it's paying for using a property.
After selecting the right option, add:
- The title of the advert
- Your full name
- Your preferred main contact number
- Your email address
- Whether you want to be contacted by phone or email or both.
You cannot edit the above details after creating your advert.
Now, click on Create button to see the full advert submission page.
Upload the property photos, floor plan & energy performance certificate
If you are selling or renting out a property, you can upload:
- Up to five photos of your property
- The floor plan
- EPC certificate
If you have a large property and you think photos and floor plan are enough to showcase the many features and spaces, you can add a video tour to your advert. Use Vimeo to upload your video for free and then add the embed code to your advert.
Using the pop up text area, add all the relevant details about your property or required property:
- Available or required facilities
- Available or required amenities
- Available or required parking facilities
- About the area
If you are a sharing tenant, guest, lodger or residential guardian, describe the accommodation that meets your requirements, expected house rules, landlord and flat mates.
If you are selling or renting out a residential property, start by a concise summary or statement about the property to get the reader's attention, such as, "Beautifully modernised, bright and spacious 2 bedroom family home designed by some famous architect - close to Finchley Lane and Brent Street's shopping."
Make sure you go through all essential facilities, such as water, power, gas, heating, toilet, shower, smoke and carbon monoxide detector, fire extinguisher, garage, driveway, elevator, year the property was built, etc.
Add all existing security and safety features, such as 24 hrs concierge or guard, doorman, porter, gated community, intercom, CCTV surveillance and recording, etc.
You should also add details about the decorative condition, the view, lifestyle, and the outside space.
If you are host, specify the space your guest(s) can use, such as the kitchen, laundry, dryer, parking, lift, pool, hot tub and gym.
Property key details
Some of the details you might edit to show the status of your sale or rental progress while your advert is live:
- I may sell if you are renting out
- Sold Subject to contract ( STC)
- Let agreed
- Under offer
- Shared ownership
- Auction property
- Retirement home
- Council property
- Price reduced
- Accessible to all disability
Date available / needed
When the property is available or when you need it.
Number of guests
If you are guest (s) staying in a hotel, hostel, B&B or home stay, you can add the number of infants, children and adults.
- Location of the property : Select one of the suggested locations to guarantee your advert will get found by one of the listed cities, towns or villages.
- Postcode to show your property in Google map.
If you are requesting a property, you can also add the approximate size in square feet or meters of the property, space, room, etc.
Use the below text field to describe the size ( height, width, length, each section, etc. )
Price, rent or budget
If you are selling,add the approximate, guide price or reserve price.
If you are renting out , add the monthly or daily rent - not weekly.
If you are requesting a property, add your min and max budget.
Use the below text field to add more details about price, rent or budget:
- Bills included in the rent, such as gas, water rates, council tax, WIFI, cleaning service, maintenance
- Weekly or monthly prices with discounts, charge for extra people, etc.
- Rates, business rates relief, administration charge, disbursements, etc.
If you are selling a property and may exchange, or if you are exchanging only, you need to add your target city, area and postcode.
In case you are looking to exchange only, the given price or expected offer won't show in your advert.
Council tax band
If you are renting out or selling a residential property add the council tax band.
Energy efficiency rating
You can also specify the minimum energy efficiency rating if you are requesting a property or accommodation.
Residential Property Type:
- House: Modern house, detached, semi-detached, terraced, bungalow, cottage, villa, duplex, triplex, penthouse, park home, chalet, converted barn, lodge, cabin or caravan.
- Flat: flat, studio, maisonette or bedsit.
- House/Flat share: all above types of houses and flats,
- Vacant property share or residential guardians: all above types of houses and flats, industrial units, offices, retail shops, community centres, Libraries, schools, colleges, universities, pubs, nightclubs, hotels, hostels, B&Bs, churches, hospitals, care homes and building sites.
If the type of your/requested property is not listed, select Other option and use the below text field to add the name of your property type.